Monday, March 31, 2014

roots movieRoots the mini series

Sunday I slept in (for the first time in years). When I woke up, my fiance and mother-in-law to be, had just started watching the mini series Roots.  I had read the book but never seen the movie.  I must saw I was truly impressed.  Although, no movie could ever be as good as a book, the characters drew me in.  I think it was actually the story line itself.  I couldnt stop watching it to save my life!  Kunta Kinte himself is a remarkable character.  He has all the attributes that anybody would want.  He has pride in his culture and the strength of ten men.  I admire how he continues to pass the traditions onto his daughter and then her to her son.  The movie is extremely long, but just rivieting enough to keep a type A personality like me engrossed enough to stay up way too late to see the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment